The Ageing & Development Programme
Raising Awareness and Education
- We raise awareness of ageing and development with Age Action Ireland members and supporters.
- We engage with the public and Age Action members through HelpAge International campaigns using the media, social media, website and publications.
- We deliver development education workshops in conjunction with development groups and older people’s organisations.
- We get input and support of an Advisory Group on ageing and development.
Working with Development and Ageing Organisations
- We work with development NGOs so ageing and older people are mainstreamed into their policies and programmes.
- We are building support among development, human rights and older people’s NGOs for a UN Convention on the Rights of Older People.
Raising Awareness among Politicians and Government
- We raise awareness about ageing and development issues among politicians and political party personnel.
- We are building support among politicians and government personnel for a UN Convention on the Rights of Older People.
- We engage with policy makers so that global ageing and older people are including in policies on development.